Monday, February 16, 2009

Robert is in his hospital room

Robert is in his room and is doing okay. Kiley said he is not very happy. He is tired, hungry, and cranky from the anesthesia. Contrary to what Kiley expected, he still has 2 IVs, one in each arm, and he doesn't like them. He is not in pain, but he was very itchy, so they gave him some Benadryl. Kiley said it is going to be a chore to keep him flat for 2 days. He is allowed to roll on his side, stomach, and back, but cannot sit at all. Kiley will have to stay right with him to keep him from trying to sit up. She is going to be worn out!

Back at home, Grandma and I are about to take the girls and William to Chucky Cheese's for lunch and a couple of hours of playing. Whoopee!

3 comments:

  1. I am glad that Robert's surgery went well and that he is awake. I hope everything else goes well. Good luck keeping him flat. I am praying for you all.

    Love, Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi guys,

    You have been in my thoughts today. I am so glad to hear that all is going well.
    I hope Kiley can get some rest but keeping little guy on his back is probably an all consuming job.
    Thank you for keeping us posted. You will all still be in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad the surgery is over and that the doctors were happy with everything. I am also glad you didn't get stuck in the snow =) We are all praying for your family!

    ReplyDelete