Monday, May 28, 2012

Much Ado About Nothing

The more I read, see, listen to Shakespeare the more I LOVE IT! And I have to admit my heart skips a beat when I hear my 5 year old saying, "To be or not to be, that is the question? That's from Hamlet!" Or when my 12 year old quotes Beatrice from Much Ado About Nothing, "Foul words is but foul wind, and foul wind is but
foul breath, and foul breath is noisome; therefore I will depart unkissed." and I can invision her saying this to some poor boy some day. 

Our latest Shakespearean experience was to go to the Redlands Shakespeare festival. We went to a workshop about stage fighting and the kids learned the first 3 rules to sword fighting on stage. Eye contact, eye contact, and.... you got it.....eye contact. They were able to hold different kinds of swords and even learn some technique. It was a neat experience.

We then had a picnic dinner before the show, Much Ado About Nothing, at an outdoor amphitheater. It was fun to see the actors that worked with us in the workshop perform on stage. It was a great production, even the boys seemed to enjoy it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment