Saturday, December 31, 2011

a.k.a. toast

William is always saying and doing the funniest things. I usually forget to post them, but here are some things he has said the past few days that made me laugh.

For breakfast one morning he asked for a "plain cooked piece of bread with butter on it."

He got a this hippity hop ball for Christmas and bounces all over the house with it. I called him a bouncy-roo one day and he told me I was silly because he is "not a kangaroo or a boucy-roo, just a normal human boy who is is bouncing on a ball."

I don't take him shopping very often, but a couple of days before Christmas I took him to the mall. We entered the mall through a store entrance and shopped their first. Then I asked him if we should go to another store. He said sure, let's go to the car. I told him the mall had lots of stores in it and we could just walk there. He was a little confused and I could tell he wasn't sure he should believe me. Then we walked out of Pennys and his eyes got real big and he said, "Whoa, that is a lot of shopping."

On that same mall trip, we went to the mall map as I was looking for a particular store. He asked what we were doing so I told him we were looking at the map and it would tell us where to go. As we were leaving the mall we passed by the same map. He stopped directly in front of it and stared at it for a long time and touched the map a couple of times. Then rather perplexed said, "It's not working anymore. It won't tell me where to go."

Just this morning I gave him a bowl of cereal and forgot the spoon. He told me, "Mom, cereal is not food we use our fingers for."

And a quote from Alahna as well. David must have been really good this year because Santa brought him a Weber smoker. Yesterday he tried it out and smoked some pork and chicken (and it was so so yummy). As he was outside getting it started I turned to Alahna and excitedly told her that Daddy was smoking! She gasped and with a very worried and confused look on her face said, "I don't think that is something to be excited about."

No comments:

Post a Comment