Saturday, May 28, 2011

Closing night

Heroes Quest: Mt. Olympus and the Guardians of the Flame came to a close Monday night. It was a perfect end to an amazing year. Some of the mom's (including me) put on a little skit from Antigone, (a play written by Sophocles) for everyone, the children recited the Declaration of Independence, the older kids performed a song that they wrote, awards and tokens of the year were given, we watched a slide show of the year, and finally the torch was passed from a Roman citizen, to a founding father, on to our heroes!


Our heroes!

the goddesses and Poseiden

Nike (me) and her heroes

the heroes crowned with their victory wreaths and holding their flames (flashlights)

Singing the school song one last time, a very emotional moment

book group heroes

David surprised me with a new dry erase board, markers, and a world's best teacher certificate. Isn't he sweet!


 
This year has been unbelievable. I went into it very nervous about homeschooling, but now I can say with my whole heart that this was the best thing I have ever done for my children.  It has been so much fun to watch them learn and grow.  After we got home from our closing celebration Anna came up to me, gave me a great big hug and told me thank you for being willing to homeschool. She said this has been the best school year ever and that she had so much fun learning. She even said...this was a real shocker... that math wasn't even that bad!!!

Now, the plans begin for next year. It's going to be very magical, I can feel it already!

No comments:

Post a Comment