Monday, October 12, 2009

Preschool Jitters


Today was Robert's first day of preschool. It is just a little preschool program run through the community center. Couple days a week, no biggie.  Except that it was a biggie...for me anyway.  I found my stomach in knots all morning and could hardly hold back the tears when I dropped him off. He's my 3rd, this shouldn't be so hard.  Except that he also happens to be Robert... the one that healed my broken heart after Davie died and has kept me dancing on my toes for the last 4 years. That smile is just simply irresistible to me.  Ohhhhh, I dread the day I have to send him to kindergarten. I don't think I will be able to hold back the tears that day.  Of course he did great and can't wait to go back... guess I will have to adjust.

2 comments:

  1. He is definitely losing that baby face =( When did he grow up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm with you. i get teary at the very thought of sending my little guy to school. luckily, i have another year

    ReplyDelete